Our consultant anaesthetists are highly trained doctors that specialise in the provision of safe anaesthesia, sedation and pain relief.
Our anaesthetists cover:
- General anaesthetic (including paediatric)
- Regional anaesthetic (such as an epidural, spinal, or a ‘nerve block’)
- Pain relief (analgesia) for theatre and the post-operative recovery period
- Specialist pain advice as part of the acute pain service
- Care of critically ill adults in the intensive care/high dependency unit
- Stabilisation of critically ill children prior to retrieval by the specialist children’s transport teams
Your anaesthestist will discuss with you and advise you on the various options and techniques for anaesthesia relevant to your procedure.
Their advice is tailored to each individual patient, taking in to consideration any other medical conditions you may have, which will have been noted at your nurse-led pre-assessment appointment.
Usually you will first meet your anaesthetist on the day of surgery, however for more complicated procedures or medical conditions an outpatient appointment may be arranged before the day of surgery.
All Harrogate Harlow private patients service consultants also work as substantive consultants at Harrogate and District NHS Foundation Trust. As substantive consultants, they all hold valid licences to practice and are on the GMC specialist register. They are all approved as specialists by the major insurance companies.